Monday, July 16, 2007

Miscellaneous

I finally chose a shawl to work on for China. I'm going to do the spiral shawl again. It is an easy pattern to memorize. It is also easy to put it down and then start again when you pick it up. I hand dyed 50/50 alpaca/wool in navy and royal blue. I'm pleased with how the dye job turned out but the jury is still out on how I'll like it as a shawl.

I'm also working on the cascading hearts faroese shawl in HA's dk weight kona. I dyed it red and it came out variegated. I LOVE this yarn and this shawl combination. I'm about 1/2 finished. I would have loved to take it to china with me but I need to concentrate on the chart and I can't do that in China. I have a lot to get done in the next 4 days so probably won't get to knit very much until Friday when I'll have plenty of time on the planes :)

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I hope that you have a wonderful trip! I love the Cascading Hearts pattern too! I look forward to seeing yours!