Friday, August 24, 2007

Finished! and On-Time MS3

















With an interruption of 2 weeks in China, 2 weeks of jetlag and 1 week of being ill, I finished my stole last weekend and washed and blocked it this week. I didn't like the stole when I saw the wing added but decided to knit it instead of the alternative. I'm so glad I did. I love the way it looks (even though I didn't do too good at draping it on my daughter :) One day I will knit this one again but for now I have 2 shawls on the needles. One is the cascading hearts from HeartStrings and the other is a spiral shawl from Gathering of Lace. Peacock Shawl is also on the list. I was going to take it to China but after starting several times, I realized it would take more concentration than I would be able to give it in China.

China shopping was fun. I bought 5 lbs. of laceweight cashmere for a whopping $75. I also bought several cones of yarn that say cashwool from Lana Borgossia but when I looked it up online the seamist color was green but on my cone it was red. I guess it's like anywhere else, buyer beware. I am pleased with the yarn and one day it will be a shawl even if I don't know what kind of wool it is.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow!! That's absolutely stunning!!! Nice job - you should be proud! :-)

Theresa said...

It looks great Molly! And it sure is fun to see you too! :o)